### N E W S F L A S H ###
SRN version 2.1 is NOW AVAILABLE!
– Now including Free-Text Response – Better Reporting –
– Streamlined Interfaces – Up to 50 concurrent clients –
iPod and iPad Clients – Many more new features -
### N E W S F L A S H ###
Student Response Network Trial Software:
Student Response Network v2.1 is available for an unlimited free trial period. The only restriction is that the server module can only support up to five (5) simultaneous client connections. This is sufficient to test the effectiveness of the solution. If you only have five students in your class, or only five computers in your network, it’s yours – free – you’ll never need to buy it. But if you need more connections, you’ll need to read the Order page.
The Trial release of Student Response Network is supplied in ZIP form (0.99MB). Just download it to your desktop then open it. Inside are two folders: SRNClient and SRNServer. There is also a Readme file with further instructions.
The fully registered version of Student Response Network can cater for a class of up to fifty (50) simultaneous client connections. If you have any questions about the download process, ask them below.
Download Alternate SRN Clients (including FreeText):
WINDOWS 8 USERS – We have just released a libraries fix for Windows 8 64-bit computers to allow SRN to run. Please download the following program:
You need to be logged onto your PC as an administrator, then right-click on the program you downloaded and choose Run as Administrator. A status bar will flash up on the screen, then disappear. When complete, try running SRNServer from the SRNserver folder.
NOTE: While SRN Server is a Windows-only application (i.e. the Presenter/Teacher’s computer mus be running Windows), there are alternative SRN Client applications that can be used by participants. Currently there are clients for Windows, Apple OSX and Linux as well as an Apple iPhone/iPod Touch client , but development is proceeding on with plans for clients for other mobile and handheld devices.
The links below are all standalone (portable) applications for various operating systems. Just right-click (or Option-Click on the Mac) the desired client and Save it to your Desktop or any other folder. They are ready to run with Student Response Network v2. The iPod Touch/iPhone Client is available from the Apple AppStore.
- Windows SRN Client – Win 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7 – 185KB (v2.0)
- Apple OSX SRN Client – Universal – 10.2 or later – 3.6MB (further details)
- Linux SRN Client – x86-based Linux distributions with GTK+ 2.8 or higher – 1.4MB (further details)
- Apple iPodTouch / iPhone Client - OS 3.1.3 or later (further details) - NEW!!
- Apple iPad Client – OS 3.2 or later -NEW!!
Need a Printable Brochure for Student Response Network?
Just click here
SRN Question Template Options:
Here are some free downloads you can use with various applications to create your own SRN Question slides for use in class. Just right-click the desired template link and choose Save to Disk:
- Microsoft Powerpoint (see example)
- Microsoft Word (see example)
- ActivStudio Flipchart (see example)
- SMART Notebook v10 (see example)
- SMART Notebook v10 Gallery Images (see example)
Any comments? Just add them below.